Vice President, Managed Service Operations
A value-added, managed service organization for physician practices
The Vice President of Managed Service Operations is a critical role in leading the assimilation of new clients into the organization. As the primary owner of the client relationship, this role provides both strategic and day-to-day leadership to ensure long term retention of assigned clients. The successful candidate will build and lead the clinical operations function and bring both executive presence and subject matter expertise to business development efforts.
- a minimum of 10 years of progressive operations experience, particularly in an independent physician practice; experience in a practice with multiple locations will be a plus;
- expertise in project management, process excellence, and systems implementation; candidates should have the experience to develop and implement the organization’s approach to client due diligence, onboarding, and ongoing service delivery;
- executive presence and leadership skills; must have the confidence and communication skills to garner support from c-suite, physicians and senior operational leaders; confidence to challenge the status quo, drive newly developed processes and policies, and set a cultural tone in a rapidly growing and changing operational environment;
- strong knowledge of clinical operations; familiarity with managing ancillaries will also be a plus;
- a client services approach that is collaborative and consultative; excellent problem-solving, facilitation, and interpersonal skills;
- the ability to plan and manage organizational change; a proven ability to access risks and opportunities and synthesize approaches to complex integration plans.
To express interest in this position, or to recommend others, please reply to email@example.com and put “Vice President, Managed Service Operations” in the subject line. All correspondence will be kept confidential