Business Development Director
An outsourced-CIO firm that provides investment advisory services for nonprofit organizations.
The Business Development Director develops and manages new and prospective business with responsibility for the end-to-end sales process. This highly visible position will own all aspects of business development, including C- level relationship management, building and maintaining an internal process and pipeline of new and reoccurring business opportunities, in-depth discussions regarding fund methodology, strategy, performance, fees and contract negotiations, surpassing sales targets, product setup and delivery, and on-going education of the enhancements and evolution of funds.
- 7+ years of experience in institutional asset management with a focus on marketing and business development; candidates should have demonstrated success in managing and executing a sales and marketing effort and growing assets under management;
- Established relationships and experience with endowments and foundations; an understanding of, and appreciation for, nonprofit institutions;
- Knowledge of investment principles and strategies, including hedge funds and private investment strategies and the ability to discuss with potential clients the make-up of the firm’s fund structure and portfolio; an understanding of technical, legal, and operational aspects of institutional investing;
- The ability to travel regularly to develop relationships and represent the firm within the investment management sector;
- Experience with client management systems; the ability to learn other software programs as required to track, analyze and report performance against key metrics and activities;
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex investment data (knowledge of all investment asset classes and portfolio management strategies and theories) to support client transition to the firm;
- Leadership skills that promote integrity and effective communication with staff and colleagues; the ability to exercise good judgment under pressure and manage a diverse and demanding workload;
- Strong educational credentials including a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business; Series 7 and Series 3 licenses preferred, or the ability to acquire these and other licenses/accreditation as necessary.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and roll-up-the-sleeves style; a comfort level within a high growth environment where decisions are made quickly and opportunities are seized;
To express interest in this position, or to recommend others, please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Business Development Director” in the subject line. All correspondence will be kept confidential