Chief Financial Officer
A family office that provides investment and financial services for a family and a related private foundation.
The Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting requirements for the family and foundation.This responsibility includes the creation and maintenance of accounting records, management of records for tax filings and reporting of financial and investment results.The Chief Financial Officer will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
- 10 – 12 years of financial accounting experience with an emphasis on tax planning and compliance for individuals and privately held entities
- Experience with tax and accounting for trusts and estates and various legal entities, including partnerships, LLCs and S-Corporations
- Experience managing and partnering with outside vendors and consultants
- Strong financial management and reporting skills, the ability to create consolidated financial statements and reporting processes
- Experience with budgeting, fiscal management principles and procedures for philanthropic and non-profit organizations, or the ability and interest to become proficient in those areas quickly
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills; a comfort level with a nimble, entrepreneurial and always evolving organization
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; must be able to easily summarize and communicate complicated financial information and results to clients, advisors and others
- Sound judgement and commitment to operate with humility, diplomacy and discretion
- A Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in accounting, CPA required; CFP designation or MBA is a plus
To express interest in this position, or to recommend others, please reply to email@example.com and put CFO, Family Office in the subject line. All correspondence will be kept confidential