A software-enabled manufacturing and distribution company with nearly $40MM of annual revenue.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the CTO will have overall management oversight for technology across the business. This includes both internal support systems, as well as customer-facing technology solutions that enhance the company’s core business of printing, fulfillment, and distribution. The existing technology ecosystem includes best-of-breed software, custom-developed technologies, and various technology subscription services. Hardware is distributed across plant locations including an in-house data center and the use of cloud hosting provider Amazon Web Services (AWS). The CTO will have responsibility for establishing the 3-5 year technology plan, prioritizing strategic projects, managing a team from software engineers to support specialists, and ultimately delivering technology solutions that drive efficiency and scalability across the organization.
Technical skills and experience include:
- Software development fundamentals
- Modern technology stacks and practices
- Infrastructure, security, and compliance
- Cloud computing
- Scrum and/or agile development experience
- Software testing
Work experience and educational requirements include:
- A minimum of ten years in similar roles as that described in this specification. Proven track record of success and promotions throughout his/her professional career. Candidates should have experience in a manufacturing setting with an internal custom software development effort.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to quickly learn the industry and customer needs, possess good written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work effectively in partnership with employees, suppliers, and vendors.
- An undergraduate business or computer science degree in computer science, management information systems or related curriculum is preferred.
To express interest in this position, or to recommend others, please reply to email@example.com and put Chief Technology Officer in the subject line. All correspondence will be kept confidential