Director of Information Technology
A solutions provider with more than 100,000 sealing solutions for a diverse range of industries such as hydrocarbon production, processing and refining, power generation, pulp and paper, metals and mining and water and wastewater.
The Director of Information Technology will be the primary point of accountability for the effectiveness and efficiency of all division specific business applications, including ERP systems, customer relationship management systems (CRM), manufacturing resource planning systems (MRP), local financial systems and other applications required to effectively deliver on world-class operational performance, customer satisfaction and profitable growth. Our client is focused on digital transformation and is looking for the IT Director to the lead the initiative.
Our client is a division of a $1.2B+ manufacturing company. In addition to business unit responsibilities, this position will be a key member IT leadership team at our client’s parent company. This individual will have significant business acumen and strategic depth and will be able to independently create an effective technology strategy for the division, in addition to interacting deeply with the general management team to understand their strategies, goals and objectives and how technology can enable those.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or equivalent – advanced certification required; MBA or other advanced technical degree a plus;
- Minimum of ten years of IT experience; five to seven years of leadership responsibilities; five or more years of experience in large, cross-functional teams influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders effectively across the organization and within complex contexts;
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, organization design and development;
- Proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments; proven experience with digital transformation (and/or eCommerce) initiatives; proven experience in providing direction and enabling support for a more strategically oriented customer experience based on today’s digital technology;
- Deep knowledge of Oracle is a plus with at least 3+ years of ERP planning and implementation required; experience with application development and management is required;
- Proven and effective history in the mapping of business needs to technology selection and implementation; demonstrated proven results in creating real enterprise value through the use of technology;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal and collaborative skills with the ability to communicate IT concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences;
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals; proven strategic, organization, efficiency, and process design skills; strong business acumen including industry, domain-specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units;
- High-caliber people skills and a customer-centric mentality; skilled at communicating and collaborating with other business function leaders; ability to interact with all management and employee levels;
- Adept at prioritizing and driving a stand-alone, independent agenda in a fast-paced and demanding environment; a self-starter; high degree of accuracy and attention to detail; “roll up the sleeves” mentality and superior work ethic;
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them; success in leveraging both traditional best practices, such as IT service management practices based on ITIL, as well as emerging methods that are optimized for agility;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic people plan that ensures that the right people are in the right roles at the right time and that employees are highly engaged and satisfied;
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources, both internal and external to the enterprise, to enhance capabilities that support business objectives;
- Ability to drive organizational change and build infrastructure capabilities that effectively balance the need to continuously exploit capabilities to optimize operational efficiency with the need to deliver innovative and agile infrastructure and operational solutions to enable the business to explore new opportunities.
To express interest in this position, or to recommend others, please reply to email@example.com and put DIRECTOR OF INFO TECHNOLOGY in the subject line. All correspondence will be kept confidential