A full-service distributor and systems integrator for the food, beverage, pharmaceutical, and personal care industries. The company has a track record of solid profitability and growth and consistently generates revenues of $35MM to $60MM.
The company seeks an experienced operations leader to oversee the company’s supply chain, parts and distribution functions. Reporting to the President, the Director of Operations will oversee a small but nimble team responsible for all aspects of inventory for the three locations. This includes all inventory purchasing, returns and repairs. The Director of Operations will also manage the company’s logistics needs and the team responsible for shipping and receiving. Finally, the Director will play a critical role with information technology and marketing to implement a functional and user-friendly e-commerce presence.
- At least ten years of progressively responsible experience for a distribution or manufacturing company of M.G. Newell’s size and complexity or larger; must have played a leadership role in all areas of supply chain – purchasing, inventory control, and shipping;
- A demonstrated ability to lead the effort to improve processes, develop and measure key performance metrics, manage a supply chain effectively; lean experience is a plus;
- An operational mindset; must have an intellectual curiosity about the business and how to improve operations; must understand the need to wear a number of hats;
- Metrics orientation; will have a working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics; will be practiced in data-focused decision-making and problem-solving;
- Managerial capabilities; the ideal candidate will have managed a small team of employees; candidates must have demonstrated an affinity for leadership and ability to get initiatives over the goal line;
- Business acumen; while we are not looking for a financial officer, candidates must be very comfortable with the numbers and have the ability and the desire to dig deep and apply financial data to the decision-making process; will have a nose for profitability;
- Systems experience; will have led the implementation or update of an ERP system; experience with NAV is a plus as is experience with establishing an e-commerce presence;
- High-caliber people skills and a customer-centric mentality; skilled at communicating and collaborating with other business function leaders; ability to interact with all management and employee levels;
- “Roll up the sleeves” mentality and superior work ethic; comfortable in both tactical execution and strategic planning;
To express interest in this position, or to recommend others, please reply to email@example.com and put DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS in the subject line. All correspondence will be kept confidential