Director of Operations
The world leader in the design and production of advanced engineered safety products.
The Director of Operations will provide leadership, direction and resource stewardship to the company’s manufacturing and aligned functions. As the most senior operations leader, he/she will report to the President and will ensure that manufacturing resources (human and capital) are aligned with the needs of sales and, therefore, the company’s customers.
- 10+ years of plant and operations management experience with a manufacturer whose processes include welding and/or fabrication; must have had experience in a job shop environment;
- Proven success and accomplishments in safety and continuous improvement; lean manufacturing experience is important;
- Demonstrated success in a high-technology manufacturing environment - related to robotics, laser utilization, CNC manufacturing, and process automation;
- Above average oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills;
- Excellent managerial credentials; will have attracted and developed quality employees; will be a team builder;
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a successful participant on the executive management team that provides company leadership and direction.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with other executives as well as shop floor employees.
- Excellent organizational skills. Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment where assessments, planning, and decisions are made quickly with the information available at hand.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution; MBA or equivalent a plus.
To express interest in this position, or to recommend others, please reply to email@example.com and put “Director of Operations” in the subject line. All correspondence will be kept confidential