Director, Real Estate Foundation
A 501(c)(3) foundation organized to provide financial assistance and support relating to real estate held by and used for the benefit of a university.
The Director will lead the organization and will oversee activities involving real property acquisition, development, and disposition, construction, asset management, renovation, repairs, plant operation, maintenance, and procurement of related services. S/he will also be responsible for environmental, risk management, and insurance matters related to all properties owned or managed by the Foundation.
- At least 12 years’ experience in development; demonstrated command of issues pertaining to real estate development to include zoning and entitlements, architecture, project underwriting and financing, environmental, construction, and overall project management;
- Strong project management skills; will have managed a range of complex real estate development projects; strong analytical skills to build and manage large project pro formas;
- Strategic orientation; someone who can conceptualize and execute big picture visions and make long-range decisions;
- Leadership; must possess the ability to build, mentor and retain a high functioning team; a bent for delegating both authority and accountability;
- Strong communication and presentation skills; can describe complex infrastructure, design, and financing issues clearly, one-on-one and in front of groups; an open and direct communicator who builds trust, loyalty, enthusiasm and support;
- Technical competence; ability to assess and manage risk factors affecting projects; be able to act on complex legal documents such as land contracts, title restrictions and construction financing agreements.
To express interest in this position, or to recommend others, please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Director, Real Estate Foundation” in the subject line. All correspondence will be kept confidential