Director of Sales
The largest manufacturer and installer of residential elevators in the country.
The Director of Sales will report to the President and direct the activities of 30 salespersons, two sales training managers and a manager of distributor programs. S/he will also work closely with the marketing coordinator for two major trade shows and a dozen smaller regional builder shows annually.
Our client has offices in 15 states (selling, installing and servicing in 18 states and the District of Columbia) and serves other customers nationally and internationally through a distributor network. Targeted expansion plans include additional states with multiple city markets.
- Compelling leadership skills; the ability to assess, recruit, retain, mentor, motivate and hold sales team members accountable; a robust relationship builder who inspires confidence and trust
- At least 15 years of sales experience that includes successful sales management credentials; proven track record of developing, leading and scaling a results-oriented sales team with a history of exceeding quotas; candidates who have managed remotely will be advantaged;
- Experience leading a sales team generating at least $50MM in annual sales; comfort level in a high growth environment is preferred
- Familiarity selling complex products to high-end national, regional and/or local homebuilders and multifamily developers; relationships with building products distributors is also a plus;
- Technical knowledge base; someone who understands selling products that require tight specs, complex installations and/or ongoing service;
- Strategic orientation with the ability to make meaningful contributions to corporate strategy – particularly as it relates to market and product expansion; someone who can “read a compass” rather than “follow a map”;
- Capacity and desire to work effectively with the President and senior management and take on additional responsibilities over time;
- Significant analytical skills; comfort level enhancing metrics and data analysis to the level that plans, projections and performance measures are data-driven;
- Crisp, clear communicator; the presence to interact with C-suite customers and partners;
- Healthy appreciation of and exposure to marketing;
- BA/BS required.
To express interest in this position, or to recommend others, please reply to email@example.com and put Director of Sales in the subject line. All correspondence will be kept confidential