Executive Director, Family Office
A multi-family office that serves three generations.
The Executive Director will be a seasoned professional who thinks strategically about tax, investment and personal finance issues. He/she must have excellent communications and client service skills and enjoy working with multiple generations of family members. The Executive Director will work closely with the Family Council, the office’s governing body, to develop and achieve strategic goals and priorities for the family office as a whole and for individual clients.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 15 years relevant experience working with family clients.
- CPA, CFA, MS, JD, MBA and/or CFP designation highly preferred.
- Demonstrated strong background in tax planning and investing.
- Knowledge and ability to exercise sound judgment in managing research, analysis and decision-making.
- Trust and estate planning experience
- Exceptional technical accounting and financial reporting ability including the development of meaningful and effective financial reporting and forecasting processes, reports and systems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to relate to, listen to and engage with multiple stakeholders while finding consensus when needed. Skilled in communicating complex concepts in a clear, simple manner to a variety of audiences.
- Well-developed emotional intelligence.
- Strong analytical skills and financial curiosity.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to focus on details while keeping the larger vision top of mind.
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning and for on-going self-improvement.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments for several clients in a fast-paced environment and the ability to meet deadlines with efficiency and accuracy.
- Commitment to the family’s core values which include integrity, transparency, humility, service to others and a commitment to excellence
- Demonstrated ability to use tact, discretion, confidentiality and good judgment in handling sensitive and confidential matters and documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to communicate and collaborate both internally and externally and across various levels;
- Exceptional listening, probing, time-management, and organizational skills;
- Strong educational credentials including a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business; Series 7 and Series 3 licenses preferred, or the ability to acquire these and other licenses/accreditation as necessary.
To express interest in this position, or to recommend others, please reply to email@example.com and put Executive Director, Family Office in the subject line. All correspondence will be kept confidential