Senior Vice President – Economic Development
The Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce and its two-state, six-county Greater Omaha Economic Leadership Development Partnership.The Greater Omaha Chamber has more than 3100 members.The economic team number 25.The $25MM Prosper Omaha campaign (for 2014-2018) has been exceeding its goals, and the $32MM Prosper Omaha campaign has been announced for 2019-2024.
The successful candidate will report to the Chamber’s President and CEO and will oversee an economic development strategy that is a bold, comprehensive approach centering on business development, talent, startups, site development and small business services.
The economic development team numbers 25+; its budget tops $4.5MM and continues to grow.The $25MM Prosper Omaha campaign (for 2014-2018) has been exceeding its goals and the $32MM Prosper Omaha campaign has been announced for 2019-2024.
The region has delivered outstanding economic development results, having won Site Selection magazine’s Top Metropolitan Area award for most New and Expanding Businesses three of the last four years.The current year has resulted in more than $2B in new investments – a record year for the region.
- a proven record of internal and external leadership; the ability to create consensus and sustain engagement around both broad and targeted economic development missions; must be a catalyst for making things happen;
- extensive economic development expertise – local and regional; strong project management skills and relationships with site consultants;
- robust matrix management skills; the ability to create, implement and monitor annual operating/business/financial plans; a builder who can take an acclaimed program to the next level;
- collegial partnership bent; someone who has created strong internal and external relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders; a track record of creating coalitions and forging alliances; a team builder internally, locally and regionally;
- crisp communications skills; a good speaker, writer and presenter; an active listener;
- political savvy; someone who understands public policy and who has forged productive government relationships at all levels;
- an innovator and entrepreneur…with an appreciation that what isn’t broken doesn’t need fixing; strong familiarity with the “knowledge economy”;
- success with talent initiatives and an understanding of what the future will bring; commitment to diversity and inclusion;
- at minimum, an undergraduate degree from a respected college or university; CEcD is a plus.
To express interest in this position, or to recommend others, please reply to email@example.com and put SVP-Economic Development in the subject line. All correspondence will be kept confidential