SVP, Information Technology & Business Services
Foundation for the Carolinas – a well-known civic leader and philantropic partner in Charlotte, NC.As the sixth largest community foundation in the U.S., FFTC supports personal and corporate philanthropy through a range of innovative fund and giving options.The Foundation also drives nonprofit sustainability through endowment management, customized solutions and grantmaking.The nearly 29,000 grants made in 2017 went to causes including disaster relief, education, human services, arts and culture, animal welfare, religious institutions and the environment.
The SVP, Information Technology and Business Services will be responsible for all aspects of the organization’s information technology and systems and related organizational processes.Reporting to the President/CEO, s/he will serve on a six-person Executive Leadership Team.This is a new position created to evaluate current technology needs, lead future initiatives and improvements to enhance operational efficiencies, and better position the Foundation in an increasingly competitive environment. The successful candidate will play a critical role as the bridge between technology and all functioning departments to facilitate systems that ensure a sound business flow.In total, s/he will oversee a team of four people in information technology and project management and four people in donor relations.
- Extensive and senior leadership in IT and a background that reflects the ability to thrive in an environment similar to the complexity of a financial institution; candidates must bring a ten-plus year track record of leadership and success, including demonstrated success as department lead or other senior management level;
- Vision, transformational change management experience, a continuous improvement philosophy, and a stellar internal and external customer service orientation;
- An operational mindset; must have an intellectual curiosity about the business and how to improve operations and business automation; must understand the need to wear a number of hats;
- Demonstrated success in envisioning, planning, executing, and managing complex technology projects; a track record of sophisticated, ethical judgment and decision-making skills in complex, results-oriented environments;
- Demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with executive and managerial leadership including effective interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills. Emphasis on communicating complex technical and policy information to a broad range of constituents is required.
To express interest in this position, or to recommend others, please reply to email@example.com and put SVP, Information Technology/Business Services in the subject line. All correspondence will be kept confidential