Vice President, Business Development
A Southeast-based, growth equity firm focused exclusively on software and technology-enabled business services companies. The firm makes minority and majority equity investments in high growth companies and has built an excellent track record of delivering returns to both investors and management partners.
The Vice President, Business Development will help the firm source new investment opportunities by growing and managing the firm’s referral network, as well as assisting in the development and evaluation of key business development initiatives to help the firm to meet its goals and objectives.
The responsibilities of the Vice President of Business Development include:
- identifying, assessing and developing a pipeline of relevant investment opportunities;
- building a robust sales funnel of off-market opportunities in their target geography;
- networking and building relationships with key influencers, decision-makers, investment bankers and executives of high growth businesses that fit the firm’s investment profile;
- working with the investment team internally to devise a strategy that helps the firm win deals;
- implementing tactical development plans that emphasize both the firm’s relationships based on approach to investing and the need for the aggressive identification and pursuit of potential opportunities in their markets;
- documenting all meetings and calls in a timely manner for tracking purposes and knowledge share across the team;
- significant travel required.
- Five or more years of sales or business development experience; must have a track record as a top performer;
- Demonstrated success in soliciting business through networking, cold-calling and prospecting efforts with the ability to:
- prioritize and follow up within a dynamic sales environment;
- build business in a competitive environment;
- identify a path to the decision-maker;
- quickly earn the respect and trust of a variety of senior-level executives;
- forge and maintain a large number of productive relationships;
- A self-starter with strong organizational skills;
- Experience working with attorneys, accountants, private equity firms, and investment bankers;
- Exceptional communication, writing and interpersonal skills;
- Strong team player who enjoys travel;
- Experience working with technology or growth companies is a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree required.
To express interest in this position, or to recommend others, please reply to email@example.com and put “Vice President, Business Development” in the subject line. All correspondence will be kept confidential